Posted in Giveaway/Contests/Discounts

Discounted :Poems by The Bean Bakers

HBB Anthology Contributor 20171202_163635

 

2 month and 1 week after its existence, finally the e-book is discounted at a more affordable price.

 

This is what some of the poets/poetess from the Anthology have to say about Poems by The Bean Bakers

This is a compilation of human emotions drawn from the deepest reserves of imagination. Laced with satire, humor, grief and insurmountable love, these poems are what make you feel better on days when ‘the blues’ couldn’t get any bluer.
Meticulously crafted with passion and love by several poets, this is the first in a series.
– Rashmi

Be it your way to work or when you are tuckered out, they’ll surely keep you enamored!
-Justina

Sense the surge as these electrical, dramatic, and yet gentle words take you on a topsy-turvy ride.
– Apurva

Colors more than your blues, blanketed with emotions but you are sure to get your cure on the roller coaster journey of our words.
– Sakshi

A series of poems to lighten your blues, emotions weaved together, leading you to a beautiful world of words.
– Roohi

One can have literary experiences in these expressions of the authors, enlightening the deepest feelings of your heart.
– Manvi

Deftly deals with all possible human emotions and mood swings. Laced with satire, humor, grief and insurmountable love, these poems are what makes you feel better on any day that has turned blue. Meticulously crafted with passion by several poets, this is first in the series.
– Upasana

Layer of human emotions en-crafted with Love, Longing, equality, hope, rains and what not. Feel every emotion inch sunk into skin.
-Neha

Don’t forget to get your copy at Amazon – Poems by The Bean Bakers

IMG-20171201-WA0000

Advertisements
Posted in bookreview

…all five… a true story

PhotoGrid_1508856326355.jpg

Book : …all five… a true story
Author : Karolina Robinson

Publisher : Michael Terence Publishing
Pages : 144

Story Line

Story revolves around life of Dorian living with his mother,step-dad and little sister. Always waiting for her elder sister, Iva to visit home. Their twisted relationship more that brother-sister is what I couldn’t digest. *Indian’s are very conserved in this type of things (not all)*
My stomach got a twist, when I first read they kissed each other *on lips* , I thought it’s their way of showing how much they care, how much they missed each other. Until few pages down, Iva gets pregnant, and then is detected with terminal illness. While living at home for illness, Dorian’s step-dad and mother finds out the bond Dorian-Iva share and are not so happy. Sending Iva away to her Grandmother, and asked Dorian for special camp for thinking such a relation could exist between a brother & sister. Dorian wasn’t happy to hear about these things, so he took STEP towards it. The blurb tells so much about the story, for that only I got intrigued about WHY would someone do this.

Writing

It was a fast read, I read it in one sitting *which like very less happens in my case*. The writing is easy and simple to read. English not being author’s first language, a reader can see it through out the book. I so wish the author had an editor, or some solid proofreading before publishing it.

I also wish, this could be a bit lengthy, because it doesn’t give us insight about Dorian mental state. He looks like a cold-blooded person after so much has gone happened in the family.
But everything is well concluded by the letter Granny wrote to the public press. This one just made me in tears, a letter 80 years writing about how her Happy family, got her to No family at all. The title also isn’t concluded until the last words of granny’s letter.

 

Cover: 4/5
Title: 3.5/5
Blurb: 3/5 *it revealed almost everything*
Theme: 4/5
Story: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Overall: 3.9/5

Before I enter any giveaway, I check the Blurb. And …all five… I knew what has happened, but was intrigued to know WHY it has happened.
I won the giveaway.. **YAYYY** This was my first giveaway winning at goodreads *I know I am a bit late in posting this review 😦 *
The Book was signed by Author Karolina Robinson herself with lovely note ❤ I love signed books 🙂

IMG_20171024_195945.jpg

Find me at my Bookstagram page @night.bibliophile

Posted in My Words

Her Life -.-

IMG_20170921_025951_621.jpg

PC : @shainadaina
When midnight stucks, we find our vulnerable self sulking at same old stuff.
The people who left us, or may be forgot about us.
Our stupid mind, keep strumming those chords, of OLD TIMES.
and our eyes knows all our pain.
Heart, it can’t be seen by everyone. But eyes, ahh !!! By night crying, in morning all ready with mascara to Shine On !!
.
.
.
.
It was my birthday day before yesterday, and I still feel so SAD.
That one of my closest friend didn’t remember it !!!!!!
Its frustating, yaa he got married n got busy ??
Or may be the date just slipped by his mind ??
.
From others it doesn’t matter sometimes, but when people close too doesnt even remember, then we tend to ignore our birthday ourself too !!
And thats what I did 🙂 It was just an ORDINARY DAY, like other 364 days 🙂

Posted in bookreview

Book Review – ARDH-SATYA

KnittedTales_n

Book : ARDH-SATYA The Half Truth & Other Stories

Author : Ananya Mukherjee
Paperback price : 243.00/-
Kindle (discounted price) : 191.69/-
Pages : 230

This was my first read by Author, and WHAT A BOOK. I am really impressed with the writing of author.

This book is bounded with 20 beautiful and some amazing stories, and divided in four parts :
-> The Equation
-> God Must be a Mother
-> Between Divine & Mortal
-> Life Positive

“In beginning, there were only a few words, then sentences. Then songs happened; then poetry. What remained of me became my story”

I have loved how author Ananya Mukherjee has expressed her stories in words blended beautifully. Since the very start, dedicating book to her parent, she had me captured. I knew it, it will be greatest of reads.

Being an Indian and knowing different places is what had worked for the Author. She has captured different states of country and their culture. In the book you can find, stories from all around the world and some are very much embedded with Indian culture from Mumbai, Kashmir, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Calcutta (Kolkata).

The biggest disadvantage of book compromising short stories is, all can’t be 100% your likeable. Same happened to me while reading Ardh-Satya. There are some stories, which I felt like was far too much stretched in the middle.

Also I read a lot of Indian authors, and I have NO SHAME in saying. Ananya’s writing style and language used is one of the finest I have read.
The author has a way of describing things like a simple sunrise

“I grew up watching the sun trickle its first rays through the round-headed glass windows with coloured motifs above the doorway on the porch, and sunshine slipping in through the large Venetian window at the East-end. It overlooked the blue mountain in the distance and the emerald green valley below.”

Didn’t those words just made a beautiful painting in your mind, of what the person feeling,viewing. And there are many such places, that author has done this beautifully.

I know, authors tend to do that. That’s why they are authors, but go and read other Indian authors and you will know what I am saying :3

Also what more I liked about the stories were they started off like a first person format. And we try to imagine its a man or woman, but after first page or few paragraphs it turns out Ouchh.!! the first person was someone else. I really liked that kind, and usually went backwards to see if I missed seeing it at the first time.

Ananya Mukherjee has included amazing words/poems at the starting of each parts and some of the stories, that blend amazingly with the parts/story.

My favorite part will always be God Must be a Mother, because that’s the part where all 4 stories are heart touching ❤

KnittedTales_n

Cover: 5/5
Title: 5/5
Blurb: 4/5**
Theme: 5/5
Story: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

**Correct me if I am wrong to say, the blurb doesn’t justify what the book consist 🙂

The book was provided by Leadstart Publishing, in exchange of chocolates, money, ice creams (NOTHING LIKE THAT) only honest review.

You can buy book (paperback or kindle edition from amazon) from following link

ARDH-SATYA The Half Truth and other stories

If you would like me to review your book, please feel free to get in touch with us at www.facebook.com/ReaderWriterCafe

or find me at my Bookstagram page @night.bibliophile

 

 

Posted in All

Book Review : Knitted Tales

KnittedTales_n.jpg

Book- Knitted Tales: A collection of emotions
Author- Rubina Ramesh

Format : e-book

It’s not just a book, its collection of short books/stories.
Each story deserve their own reviews/stars.
Some I simply loved, some were good, some were fine. ❤
Every story had a deep human emotion, and kept readers beautifully binded till the end of story.
Stories are not very short, not very long. They are just about the perfect size, to keep readers intrigued about what going to happen next.

It’s the debut book of blogger, book marketing and author Rubina Ramesh. And she has done amazing while weaving each story with correct amount of emotions.

The tittle of tales

A Secret in Their Closet
Betrayal
Chicklet
Forgive me
Lolita
No regrets
SuvarnaRekha
The Little Godmother
The Missing Staircase
The Other Woman
Daddy hear me out
Cliff notes

The book has 12 tales, and my favorites have been quite a few. The first one ‘A Secret in Their Closet’ gave me jitters, to what it’s about. and after it reveled I was all soaked in emotions..

My personal favorite is Cliff Notes, it’s so precious to see how mountains feel about humans. It’s from their perspective, and its Great one.
Others being, The Missing Staircase, The little Godmother .. ❤

She was someone’s dream and someone’s lust. She was someone’s passion and someone’s curse. Yet no one knew her nor did anyone dare to come near her.

– Lolita

Just tell him, Everest freed you.
He knows me…

– Cliff notes

“Where the heck is the staircase?” I shouted.’
….
“Why are you searching for it?” he asked, his voice hoarse, from lack of use perhaps.
“I need to sit on it and remember the innocent days of my life”

– The Missing Staircase

Lying and cheating is not good. I won’t recommend it to any housewife. But if there is a moment when I have to choose to lie to save my marriage and sanity, I will do it all over again.

– Ne Regrets

Cover: 4/5
Title: 5/5
Blurb: 4/5
Theme: 4/5
Story: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Overall: 4.5/5

I read an e-book copy provided by Author and The Book Club for an honest review.

We have page for all Reader/Writers on FB with name ReaderWriterCafe. Do join in to get your short/long tales/ poems etc. DM us on page

https://www.facebook.com/ReaderWriterCafe

All Bookstagramers, add me at @night.bibliophile

for all writer, add me at @mpsn_fables

 

Posted in All, DPChallanege, DPChallenge, Poems, Post a Day, Quotes

Meddle : DP Challenge

Daily Prompt Word : Meddle

Her life was a shore,
thoughts meddled around like stones,
& her mind never kept silent.

Also read what others have to write on this word

https://zaenboca.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/fifteen-minutes-on-the-job/

https://bysarahwhiley.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/the-meddler/

https://manjusmusings.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/nabra/

https://sumyannawrites.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/i-dont-want-to-meddle-in-your-affairs-a-poem/

https://mimispassion.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/who-moved-my-cheese-4-min-read/

https://fluffypool.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/snapdragons-repost/

https://notestowomen.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/the-match-maker-2/

https://etpson.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/intimacy/

 

Posted in All

I Miss You (50 words)

Weekly Writing Challenge: Fifty


Image

I miss his talks, I miss his Smile..
I miss the walks, that we had for a while.
I miss his computer, I miss his seat..
I miss the way he sings without beat…
I miss his message, I miss our fight..
I miss him saying ,you are not Right..!!


50 words are not enough to express how badly I am missing one of my very good friend…. 😦

Photo Credit : I don’t remember.. As this pic was saved on my Computer from somewhere…

Check out other entries too :
> http://viewsplash.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/story-of-my-life-2/
> http://thebohemianrockstarpresents.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/a-good-ole-bloody-fifty/
> http://forgottencorrespondence.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/the-19th-of-april-1845-albany-new-york/
> http://straydog77.com/2014/04/08/spirit-spiritless-spiritual/
> http://theotherpalette.com/2014/04/07/weekly-writing-challenge-fifty/
> http://zaphnathpaaneah05.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/countdown/
> http://smoothcreminal.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/fifty/
> http://chey4412.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/the-meeting/
> http://seezooeyrun.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/50_words/
> http://speakingvoiceless.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/weekly-challenge-fifty/
> http://ownedbyacat.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/weekly-writing-challenge-50-word-story/
> http://beloftybabe.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/my-first-fifty/
> http://getoutamyhead.com/2014/04/07/fifty/
> http://childvictimsact.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/50-word-challenge/
> http://treerabold.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/the-cat/
> http://mermaidtresses.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/salad-from-my-garden/
> http://myownchampion.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/diagnosis-in-fifty-words/
> http://kiwibeeblogger.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/weekly-writing-challenge-fifty/
> http://kateloveton.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/his-hands/
> http://emiliopasquale.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/5ifty/
> http://hkshuckleberry.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/moving/
> http://feeleatcreatebegood.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/pills-trigger-warning/
> http://stargazer2110.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/fifty-itsy-bitsy-spider/
> http://victoriakgallagher.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/fifty-words-of-it/
> http://whysooserious.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/the-fifty/
> http://loveletterstoaghost.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/the-music-man/
> http://nonlinearcompilations.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/chipped-plates/
> http://alexia13thmatron.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/night-stroll/

Posted in All

I read our old chats ‘AGAIN’..!!

Image

Well most of the time, it happens with me..
That at same time I am surrounded by many people at once..
And suddenly, there is no one around..

Not just once…twice..thrice… and it has happened to me 1000000th times may be..
Suddenly all the people I know, go..disappear..back off from me..
I don’t know the reason..

And so I very frequently go back…to the time, we were talking…chatting..having good time together..
All those moments are captured in the chats/pings/messages we exchanged…
All those times when I said you to sleep, and u said no..
All those times when I asked u , if u had your lunch/dinner.. and u said no..

All that we had is/was wonderful.. then where did it go suddenly..??
All that I said, was so true.. then why didn’t u got its meaning..??
All that I felt from u side was so pure.. then why didn’t we headed in the same direction..??

Why we are no more friends now..
Why don’t u call me now..
Why don’t u message me now..
Why don’t we chat now..
Why don’t I look forward for the day now,like I used to..

And the questions will be unanswered forever..

All I know now is, that people are meant to be lonely.. May be not today..just this moment, but someday..
I have been been with people and still feel alone for so long. That now, being with people means nothing to me I guess. But being alone surely HURTS a LOT..!!

Its hurts not to talk to someone u used to talk..
It hurts not to see them, like you used to..
It hurts that you are not center of there life anymore..

Because time change..
Circumstances change..
People change..
Fate change..
And moreover.. ‘Our TASTE Change’ …

And I just don’t like Changes..

I know people might like this post boring..or some might thing what a loser girl she is..
But believe me, I have been in this position now for a week.. Have written so much, still So much needs to be shared.
So thought of finally posting one of THE DAY’s of my life..
where I go back.. and read the CHATS with my friends…

 

Loneliness is a good feeling when it is created by Our self..

But it is the Worst feeling when it is gifted by others…

Image

Posted in All

Relationship Status: Committed…to My Silence….

Silence between two unknown people makes a relation..
and
Silence between two know people breaks a relation..

Image

I totally believe in that Quote… And then also I still go with Second choice…
To keep myself in the Solitude of MY SILENCE

Because, sometimes…
It’s hard to explain only in words…
Because, sometimes…
Words can’t express what we feel deep inside…
Because, sometimes…
Deep inside we are dying, but seeing the person happy with other… Makes us Happy…
Because, sometimes..
Our Happiness..is not the only thing we should strive for..
Because, sometimes..
We just need to keep things within Us..

Times where I have been Silent... and Silent is still what I get, remembering those moments..

  • My Grandparents…had a Great life… and they left… I wasn’t there, at their last moments..

I wasn’t able to give my regards…for everything they taught me…
I wasn’t able to show my love…for everything they did to raise me..
Here I stand in their thoughts.. But all I am is… SILENT….

  • The one whom I loved (still do).. 🙂 .. he gave me reason to SMILE more..

He is the reason.. I am ‘smilempsn’..
He is the reason.. I understood what loving someone can make you..
He is the reason.. I believe, that Love can happen to anyone..anywhere..
He got married…have an angel baby girl… We don’t talk now..
And Here again I stand with all his memories filled in me… But all I am is SILENT…
I wish I had the courage to , tell him what I felt.. But all I did was.. I was SILENT… and I still am…. 🙂

  • My close friends.. not just 1..2..3.. but many…

Became unknown… left me for places they would be better in…
Just because, I wasn’t able to say them…. ‘Don’t Go… Stay here, with Me…’
Just because, I wasn’t able to say them…. ‘You belong..here..with Me…’
Just because, I wasn’t able to tell them…. How much they mean to Me…
Just because, all I was SILENT.. when they left me…

Image

One of my friends quoted me so well…

You talk too much.. But you say very less

I don’t know, that’s his line.. or Quoted from somewhere else…
But I totally agree to it… I talk sooo much…. but when I need to say something.. I just can’t…

I can’t say… that I will Miss you, to a person saying me goodbye..
I can’t say… that I love you, to a person whom I love most..
I can’t say… that because of you I am what I am, to my Parents..Grandparent..Because I think that’s obvious..
I can’t say… No to things.. I don’t like..
I can’t say… Yes… immediately… to think I want..
I can’t say…
I can’t share…
And I can’t stop feeling…

All this is inside me.. Somewhere.. Trying to opening up…
But all I hear is SILENCE outside….

Image

-smilempsn